- “However well translated and however widely distributed Bibles may be, unless people engage with them in life-challenging ways we will fail to bring God’s Word into the lived experience of people.”
- Dr. Fergus MacDonald
Our vision for the Center for Scripture Engagement is to equip people to engage the Scriptures in ways that will drive evangelism, personal discipleship, worldview formation, and church planting.
Our dream is that Scripture engagement will become one of the most broadly applied missional concepts to emerge in the Christian world in this decade.
Our mission is to carry out four distinct programs:
- Scripture engagement RESEARCH programs (ensuring all CSE learning programs are grounded in the lived experience of audiences and thoroughly evaluated).
- Scripture engagement LEARNING programs (for college students, youth groups, church members, ministry leaders).
- Scripture engagement TRAINING programs (to train ministry leaders about Scripture engagement).
- Scripture engagement CLEARINGHOUSE (collaborating with Bible Gateway to provide Scripture engagement resources to a wide audience).
Underlying both our vision and mission is a deep conviction regarding the efficacy of Scripture to speak for itself. We believe that by exploring biblical texts creatively and imaginatively we hear Scripture challenging us to submit to the unique claim God is making on our allegiance.